Wednesday, December 16, 2015

கண்ணு போட்ரும் - upon Evil eyes.

I was in a hospital taking care of my wife who gave birth a daughter and I was taking photographs and sending my daughter photograph to my close friends and relatives. My parents and relatives said, do not take photograph and share it with everyone because it would affect the baby’s health. In the language tamil they call it as 

Kannu-potrum (கண்ணு போட்ரும்).

(கண்ணு போட்ரும்) -It means the evil eyes will be upon the baby and it would affect the baby’s health, when I asked my parents and relatives what would it do, in turn they attacked me with the question do you believe in ghost, I said yes, then they said which means evil eyes will be upon the baby. Then I questioned back the questioner (parents) why would you so fearful of evil than the Grace, of course Grace is more and more powerful than the Evil, so if am a believer Jesus Christ, I no longer live under the Law but under the Grace.Rom 6:14. And also we read in ephesians we are saved by grace through faith and not by ourselves. It is the gift of god.  It really puzzled me - why are we so much afraid of evil than believing in Grace with reverence.


Grace covers all and for sure my Baby would be protected. Amen! 

Any questions please write to us or leave a comment. Your views are welcome to shape this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment